The State of South Carolina and the Governor has ordered a mandatory evacuation for all health care facilities in our coastal zone, beginning at 1:00 PM on Monday, September 10 and for all citizen of these zones beginning on Tuesday, September 11 at Noon. Therefore, Bishop Gadsden will be evacuating all areas of our Community:
Monday, September 10:
- Members of the Bishop Gadsden Turf Tech Team will be cleaning off porches, balconies, etc. If you are not at home, a member of security will be present. These will continue into tomorrow.
- Residents should confirm their personal evacuation plan.
- Update any change of hurricane plans to your Hurricane Team Leader. DO NOT CALL KATIE JAYNE with changes to your plans or questions- you should only speak with your hurricane team members.
Tuesday, September 11:
- Bishop Gadsden will begin evacuating heath care residents very early Tuesday morning, with all buses departing by mid-day.
- The WiFi system will be taken down at 2:00 PM.
- Apartment and Cottage residents will be required to be completely off campus by 5:00 PM.
- All Apartment/Cottage/Quay residents prior to leaving campus are to do the following:
- Empty freezers and fridges as necessary – fully empty your ice maker and turn off to ensure further ice is not made. Empty your freezer. Items that will leak once power is turned off, need to be removed. Bishop Gadsden is not responsible for cleaning out your fridge/freezer items prior to, or after the storm.
- Unplug electronics (if accessible).
- The CAMPUS WILL CLOSE AT 5:00 PM – All Services Suspended.
- NO resident will be permitted on the BG Campus after 5:00 PM. Fire and life safety systems will not operable. You will be escorted off-campus by Security.
- Environmental Services will shut down all essential services – there will be no power, elevators, air conditioning, or door security.
- Breakfast – served as usual from 7:30 – 9:00 AM
- Lunch – will be a boxed lunch for your journey from 11:30 – 12:30 PM, to be picked up in the café.
- You will not be able to enter the campus until the all clear is given.
- Should we have damage, we can release buildings as they are ready for occupancy. Occupancy will be determined by essential functions being operational. Health care areas will be as permitted by SCDHEC.
ALL COMMUNICATIONS, including information on when Bishop Gadsden will reopen, will be available as listed below.
- Email updates – If you have not received any updates via email, please contact [email protected] to receive further communications.
- Hurricane Hotline – 1-833-BGSTORM, (1-833-247-8676)
- BGLife – bg-life.org
- BG’s Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/bishopgadsdenlifeplancommunity/
- Twitter Site – https://twitter.com/BishopGadsden
Direct calls to staff members will be directed to these information resources, PLEASE do not call staff members directly, unless they are your hurricane team member.
We will continually be monitoring the situation and planning for the entire range of possibilities, but please know, we are regulated by the State of South Carolina and must adhere to their mandates and directives. Unless there is a drastic change, we do not anticipate any further communications until we are settled in Kanuga,
At this point we ask for prayers for everyone that will be affected by Hurricane Florence. This is a large and dangerous storm and it will certainly cause major issues for the South Carolina, North Carolina, and George coastlines, as well as inland areas.
The Bishop Gadsden Emergency Hotline is Now Active